Many years ago, Kathy Revell, the daughter of Retired Judge Richard Revell (she was also his secretary at the time) circulated this country divorce song quiz. We have added to her list of love gone wrong tunes starting with #32, following her list of artists. Divorce is about as sad a field of law as an attorney sees, so you have to find a little humor where you can! We never run out of projects, but one that has been on the list for a long time is to download these songs. Maybe this blog will be the perfect place for such a repertoire.
When Good Love Goes Bad . . .
How Many Recording Artists Can You
Match With These Songs?
1. ____ "All My Ex's Live In Texas"
2. ____ "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do"
3. ____ "D-I-V-O-R-C-E"
4. ____ "Did I Shave My Legs for This?"
5. ____ "Does Your Lawyer Talk to God?"
6. ____ "Guilty as They Come"
7. ____ "Hey, Jealous Lover:
8. ____ "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away"
9. ____ "I Can Prove You Wrong"
10. ____ "I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues"
11. ____ "I Guess You Had to Be There"
12. ____ "I Meant to Do That"
13. ____ "I Miss You Honey, But Life Goes On"
14. ____ "I'm an Emotional Girl"
15. ____ "I'm Going Through the Big 'D" (And I Don't Mean Dallas)"
16. ____ "Indiscreet"
17. ____ "Just Another Road Kill on the Highway of Love
18. ____ "Leave Me the Radio"
19. ____ "MyY Wife Thinks You're Dead"
20. ____ "She Got the Gold Mine. I Got the Shaft"
21. ____ "She's Sure Taking it Well"
22. ____ "Tears on My Pillow"
23. ____ "Thank God and Greyhound You're Gone"
24. ____ "Things We Do For Love"
25. ____ "Truck Driver Divorce"
26. ____ "When You're Married, But Not to Each Other"
27. ____ "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?"
28. ____ "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore"
29. ____ "Your Forgot All the Words (While I Still
Remember the Tune)"
30. ____ "Your Pay Your Money and You Take Your Chances"
31. ____ "Your Lyin' Blue Eyes"
b. Your guess is as good as ours
c. John Anderson
d. Suzy Bogguess
e. Paul Brandt
f. Junior Brown
g. Deana Carter
h. Mark Chestnutt
i. Roy Clark
j. Bruce Cockburn
k. Neil Diamond
l. Merly Haggard
m. Little Anthony & The Imperials
n. Little Texas
o. Barbara Mandrell
p. Mindy McCreedy
q. John Michael Montgomery
r. Lorrie Morgan
s. Jerry Reed
t. Neil Sedaka
u. Kevin Sharp
v. Frank Sinatra
w. Doug Stone
x. Shania Twain
y. Kitty Wells
z. Tammy Wynnette
aa. Frank Zappa
Write the corresponding letter for your best guess as to the name of the recording artist most frequently associated with each song listed on the left. (P.S. Artists' names can be used more than once.)
32. Better Class of Losers - Randy Travis
33. Blame It on Your Heart - Patty Loveless
34. Brokenheartsville - Joe Nichols
35. Bye Bye - Jo Dee Messina
36. Cheatin' - Sara Evans
37. Crazy - Patsy Cline
38. Does My Ring Burn Your Finger - Lee Ann Womack
39. Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
40. Good As I Was To You - Lorrie Morgan
41. Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks
42. Goodbye Time - Blake Shelton
43. Have Mercy - The Judds
44. He Thinks He'll Keep Her - Mary Chapin Carpenter
45. Here's a Quarter, Call Someone Who Cares - Travis Tritt
46. Holding Her and Loving You - Earl Thomas Conley
47. How Am I Doin' - Dierks Bentley
48. How Do You Like Me Now?! - Toby Keith
49. I Saw the Light - Wynonna
50. If You're Not In It For Love (I'm Outta Here) - Shania Twain
51. I'm Not Lisa - Jessi Colter
52. It's A Little Too Late - Mark Chesnutt
53. Kerosene - Miranda Lambert
54. Kiss This - Aaron Tippin
55. Little Goodbyes - Shadaisy
56. Little Red Rodeo - Collin Raye
57. Linda on My Mind - Conway Twitty
58. My Give a Damn's Busted - Jo Dee Messina
59. Never Again, Again - Lee Ann Womack
60. No News - Lonestar
61. On Your Way Home - Patty Loveless
62. Revenge of a Middle Aged Woman - Tracy Byrd
63. Seven Year Ache - Rosanne Cash
64. She's Actin' Single (I'm Drinkin' Doubles) - Gary Stewart
65. She's Got You - Patsy Cline
66. So, So Long - Dierks Bentley
67. Straight Tequila Night - John Anderson
68. The Thunder Rolls - Garth Brooks
69. What Kind of Fool Do You Think I Am - Leroy Parnell
70. What Might Have Been - Little Texas
71. What Part of No Don't You Understand - Lorrie Morgan
72. When I Call Your Name - Vince Gill
73. Who's Lonely Now - Highway 101
74. You Ain't Much Fun - Toby Keith
75. You Don't Even Know Who I Am - Patty Loveless